1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network Adapters Fail to Install

Discussion in 'Networking' started by blacksilver65, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacksilver65

blacksilver65 Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have windows 7 32 bit, and I was having minor problems with my network adapter, but it still worked until I tried to update the drivers, now, neither of my on board network ports will work.I downloaded the drivers from Gigabyte and they will not install correctly. The network ports are Realtek. I went to realtek's site and downloaded their drivers and they still won't work. I have uninstalled/reinstalled/restarted a bunch of times. In device manager, it says "This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1). The parameter is incorrect." The other message I get from device manager sometimes is "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)" I have searched for Code 31 for a while and can't find anything specific to my problem.
    The realtek adapters is Realtek RTL8168/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)

I've downloaded every driver I can. I don't think it's a hardware problem because it worked fine until I tried updating my drivers. So I grabbed a Belkin USB network adapter and router from my friend so I could at least have some form of internet and I plug it in and go to install it and the installation for that fails too! I don't understand what is causing these failed installations
    I have tried reinstalling drivers, getting new drivers, updating my motherboards chipset drivers, installing the original chipset drivers, I can't reinstall windows or do a system restore either which is very unfortunate. Any help would be very very much appreciated. I tired to give as much information as I could.
    Thanks in advance
    David

2. pedroguy

pedroguy

Hi:Generally it is a lot safer to download any drivers from the pc makers web site. for your model and operating system.
    I would go there and download/install in this order:
    chipset adapter driver
    network adapter drivers.
    And any other device drivers that appear to be in error status in device manager.
    Can you not in device manager,roll back the driver being used to an older driver ?

3. blacksilver65

blacksilver65 Thread Starter

Thank you very much for the speedy reply
    I do not have the option to roll back the drivers for some reason.
    I installed them in that order and it did not work at all
    and my PC does not have a direct maker, it's custom built. I know this isn't a hardware problem either because in my BIOS, it's got some test ability and it recognizes that the adapters is there and even how long my cable is, but as soon as windows starts it doesn't want to load up the drivers.
    I've downloaded the correct drivers and I know for a fact they're the right ones
    Thanks in advance for your help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/928198

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice