network and cable modems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jaw83

I have a small network with just two computers connected with an ethernet 100 hub, and I want to add a cable modem to replace my dial-up but the cable company says their basic package, a 64K/32K package, would be too slow over a hub, but they really wanted to sell me one of their high-end packages, so I want to know if it really would be too slow.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
64/32? Where do you live? Our only cable option is 3mbit/256kbit from Comcast. FWIW, a 64kbit/32kbit connection is just slightly better than a V.90/V.92 modem connection, assuming decent phone lines.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online