1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

network and printer issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by morinsk, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morinsk

morinsk Thread Starter

Hi. I have a hp pavillion pc running windows xp with a hp photosmart printer connected to it. The pc is also connected to a belkin wireless router and a linksys modem. I also have a laptop in the nextroom running windows xp also. the laptop is connected to the belkin wireless router via a wireless connection. i get internet just fine on the laptop. I used to be able to access the printer from the laptop but something has gone haywire and the two computers cannot see each other on the network anymore. I have run the network setup wizard on both computers and the workgroup is named identically on both. The laptop sees the workgroup but the pc comes up with an errror message that says my workgroup is not accessible, I might not have network permissions see my network administrator etc. All I really want to do is access the printer from my laptop. The printer is set up for sharing. please help me.!!!!

2. Hughv

Hughv

This is almost always a firewall issue.
    Check your settings.
    Sometimes, reinstalling the printer helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698478

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice