network and sharing center freezes hp laptop windows 10

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pennywise

the network and sharing center has never opened on my hp pavilon z with windows 10 on it. it hangs.. can still X out though. and if it does open it closes itself right away.

i have searched and have found others with the issue, but no solutions.

i wanted to connect to the internet by a cable but cannot without going through that center.

Smartguy01

Ivan
Hi,

please try running the System File Checker utility which will scan the integrity of all protected system files and replace any corrupt/damaged versions with the correct ones if possible.

To run the SFC utility do the following:

1. Open an elevated command prompt instance by clicking on the Start button and typing "cmd", right-clicking on "Command Prompt" and then clicking on "Run as administrator".

2. In the elevated command prompt window type "sfc /scannow" and simply press Enter to run the utility.

3. Wait for the SFC utility to finish verifying and eventually fixing any corrupt system files and report the results back here.

pennywise

it just says windows resource protection didn't find any integrity violations.

Smartguy01

Ivan
Did you try booting it into safe mode with networking and then trying to access the N&S Center?

That would determine if a piece of software or a driver is preventing you from accessing it in normal boot mode.

Also, are you sure your network adapter drivers are up to date? (Run Windows update).

Edit:
Another idea occurred to me, maybe you're not a member of the Network Administrator group (for whatever odd reason it may be) so try this:

• Click on "Start" and type "cmd".
  • Right-click on Command Prompt and select "Run as administrator".
  • Type (or copy-paste) the following command into the open window: "Net localgroup Administrators localservice /add" and hit ENTER
  • Restart your system

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online