1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network bridge and Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router issue

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Timmer, Nov 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timmer

Timmer Thread Starter

First let me explain how my network is configured currently:
    On the groundfloor I have a cablemodem that is connected to the Linksys BEFW11S4. On the 2nd floor I have 2 pc's that are connected by means of a switch. On one of the pc's I installed a wireless USB dongle (D-Link DWL-G122). I tested the wireless connection between this dongle and the BEFW11S4 succesfully.
    Then I created a network bridge (XP build-in functionality) between the wireless dongle and the regular network card, in order to give the 'wired' pc's the possibility to connect to the internet over the wireless connection.
    Problems taht I'm having now:
    - The DHCP server from the BEFW11S4 doesn't provide IP config to the pc's in the wired network (only 1 can obtain an IP adress whic is then associated with the MAC adress of the USB dongle).
    - Once every 30 minutes I loose the IP adress provided to me by the Internet provider (to the cable modem)

Can anyone provide me with some usefull tips what I do wrong...

Thanks in advance!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/296780

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice