1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

network cable is unplugged???

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mrburmann, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mrburmann

mrburmann Thread Starter

Hi,
    I can access the internet via my dsl connection fine but xp constantly tells me that a network cable is unplugged. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this? I cant get to my modem settings because of it.

2. natcom

natcom

go to control panel >network connections >on the left "show all network connections"

you should see your connection listed now (if it in cable unplugged mode there will be a little red cross on it)

right click the icon >properties >{configure} button >{advanced} tab on the top of the window
    highlight media type in the list of options in the left hand window, and try each setting exept auto select :)

3. natcom

natcom

100Mb full duplex is the best setting or 10mb if your nick dont let you do 100mb but dont let it do auto

4. mrburmann

mrburmann Thread Starter

NTried all the settings and nothing has changed, any more ideas? Thanks

5. fhaslangka

fhaslangka

it could be a deffective cable....

6. mrburmann

mrburmann Thread Starter

Yeah but I can get on broadband no probs, just keeps popping up this message every time I boot and stops me configuring my modem.

7. fhaslangka

fhaslangka

try reinstalling the driver for your modem....

8. mrburmann

mrburmann Thread Starter

I think its more to do with xp as my modem works fine. I believe the error message I recieve has something to do with dial up networking.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276277

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice