1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

network cable unplugged error with dsl modem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by supercasde, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supercasde

supercasde Thread Starter

The other day as I was surfing the web, I got a network cable unplugged error. The cable is plugged in and I did not install new drivers or anything, I just clicked on a web link. The Lan Link light on the dsl modem never lights up, I always have network cable unplugged down in the task bar. The motherboard has built in lan which has worked flawlessly a year of dsl.
    I have tried uninstalling the Built in lan, and reinstalling. I have installed a new Dlink Lan card, with no luck. I know the cable is good, and the dsl modem is good (tried them on a different computer) but I am completely stumped as to what would cause all lan ports to not work.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. supercasde

supercasde Thread Starter

I re-installed windows and everything works fine again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323740

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice