Network/Camera Icon problem

Mch101

Hey. I have an HP Envy that is a little over a year old. There are two issues and I'm not sure if they're connected.
First, available networks aren't showing up. I troubleshoot checked things and it says I need to plug in an Ethernet cable into the computer. No other computers are having issues with Wi-Fi and it works fine on all other computers. I've tried resetting the Wi-Fi a few times.

Second, there is a gray, opaque camera icon right in the middle of the screen. It will not leave no matter how often I reboot the thing.

Couriant

James
The second issue may be an image that is your background. Check Personalization > Background for that.

As to the first, it may be as simple as wireless being turned off, or the card in it is defective. Check Device Manager for any ! icons under Network or Other Devices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts