1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network Card detection Error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Rattlesnake, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rattlesnake

Rattlesnake Thread Starter

hi,
    We are using Dell computers in our company. We have a P-I machine with 3Com network card running on Windows NT Worstation. I shifted the "Harddisk AND Network card" to another P-II Dell machine. When I start this system , the Network card is not detected and I am not able to Login to the Domain and the system deosnt get the IP address from the DHCP Server. I get the following error in the Event Viewer:
    "EI90x: Could Not Find Adapter"

I want to know what are the issues that prevent a Network card from being detected. This happens even if use another Network card.

I need help real BAD.

Thanks in advance

2. levelheaded

levelheaded

3. Rattlesnake

Rattlesnake Thread Starter

hi,
    Thanks for the Reply.
    But howcome it is working fine on the first machine. And moreover the problem(in the Article) seems to be with NT 3.51 and NT 4.0 workstation

:(

4. levelheaded

levelheaded

5. mrphster

mrphster

I would look for a conflict. My guess is that the bios may have set-
    tings that the network card and the other HDD are set to and the bios always wins. Say for instance the card on the PI is set to IRQ 10, 300f and on the PII the sound card built in on the Motherboard is using IRQ 10 a220. My suggestion is to write down all of the ports and settings in the bios and compare them under NT Diagnostics\Resources.

6. levelheaded

levelheaded

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/106900

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice