Network Card doesn't detect Network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

anonymouse91

Hi,

I'm having a problem with a network card and its driving me mad! I've installed the card (Dynamode NC-100TX-R) and Windows detects it. The drivers they supplied on the floppy were Realtek RTL8139 Drivers which were for Win 95/Win 98 and I have XP so I went on the Realtek site and downloaded the latest drivers for the RTL8139. When I installed the drivers everything seemed fine until I plugged in the cable. All it says is "Network Cable Unplugged" even when the lights at the back of the card are flashing indicating a connection. Everything on the other end of the cable is fine and I've checked all the settings and they seem right. Can anyone help?

etaf

Wayne
you sure the cable is OK and correct type??

what are you connected too

anonymouse91

The cable is OK and its the right type because it worked fine on my Intel network card until I installed some updated intel drivers instead of dell. The intel card doesn't work now so I'm trying this one. Oh, and the card is PCI.

etaf

Wayne
remove all the hardware from the PC and from the device manager.
then make sure you have the correct drivers and re-install the hardware and the correct drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts