Network card driver problem on Win8.1

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

petukhp

My Win8.1 PC installs driver for Realtek GBE Family Controller and Internet speed is only up to 1MB. I remove the driver and install the one I downloaded from Realtek website and Internet speed goes up to 10MB and everything works fine BUT ONLY until next PC shutdown. When I turn it back on the Internet is nearly dying again, so I have to remove the driver and install the new driver again and again. Please help

crjdriver

First of all, no one [other than you] has any idea what type of hardware; post your system specs.

Next this seems more like a windows operating system rather than a hardware problem. There is a setting in control panel to stop auto updating of drivers. I do not use win 8 so this is from memory and you might have to look around a little.
Control panel>system>advanced settings tab>hardware tab>device settings or device installation settings then remove the "yes do this automatically" Another window should open up and have an option with something to the effect of never update drivers. Click apply or save [whatever] and restart. Your problem should be solved.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online