1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network card & Internet connection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wcodtech, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wcodtech

wcodtech Thread Starter

Murphy's law - I linked all (4) the other computers in our house to the internet using AT&T cable. Of course my computer isn't complying. So I tried installing a new network card to see if that was the problem. Unfortunately, too many errors came up when I installed the network card. This is what keeps happening:

I physically installed the network card.
    I then tried installing the driver but errors popped up.
    The file ‘secur32.dll’ on windows 98 second edition cd rom cannot be found
    Insert Windows 98 second edition CD rom and click OK

Windows encountered an error while trying to install driver. Error code 137.

Insert disk labeled ‘Windows 98 second edition CD-ROM
    I no longer have this CD-ROM. Anyway around this? Help

2. Matrikx_

Matrikx_

Welcome to TSG Forums. :D
    You may need to see if a freind has a copy of Win 98. Then removing the nic card in Device manager and let windows find it then try to install the driver. You may also want to go into Safe Mode ( press F8 while booting up) and remove all nic cards from device manager then proceed to boot up in normal mode.
    Good luck

3. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Many installations have the required .CAB files in a directory somewhere on your drive, have you searched for them? When I install any Windows version, I always copy the installation directory somewhere on the system so it's available. Most OEM installations also have them buried in a directory under WINDOWS.

5. wcodtech

wcodtech Thread Starter

Still tryin to figure this out. Thank you for the ideas. Now, time will tell.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115954

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice