1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network card/Modem/ISP?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ranmas83, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ranmas83

Ranmas83 Thread Starter

Ok... I use internet for lots different reasons like most i play game and surf the net, Im using a Cable Connection from Comcast using the Motorola SURGboard SB5120 Cable Modem to connect and my Network card is NVidia nForce Network... Problem is surfing can be slow LIKE 56k modem slow sometimes... and Games like world of warcraft the latency is in the thousands and i get Disconnected ALOT I got all drivers updated and still have same problems :confused: Please if anyone could help please do. Thank You.

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

Has the connection always been slow or is it a recent issue? Jazz

3. Ranmas83

Ranmas83 Thread Starter

recent. i thought it was virus but im using both AVG and Stopzilla.... thats not helping so i figure it be my network card so i tried to use the USB and it is even worse keeping connected but speed is better maybe modem or ISP only problem with that be is another computer is using it just fine its running slow but that person likes to use Mcafreak virus protection i hate that program... but anyways ive got my Drivers pretty much updated with in this last week but darn thing just doesnt wanna work for me. Motherboard is new(Network came with it) USB is in the Case i just bought a couple months back so 2 diffent things im using to connect :/

4. dman4862

dman4862

you can try using the tracert command to try and solve whether the connection issue is on your end or is the problem of your ISP.

5. Ranmas83

Ranmas83 Thread Starter

Sorry... Tracert command?

6. Ranmas83

Ranmas83 Thread Starter

nevermind hehe, i googled it :p

7. dman4862

dman4862

any luck?

8. Ranmas83

Ranmas83 Thread Starter

not sure what to look for on it... i did save it on text file though

Here it is... no idea what it all means :confused::confused::confused: I could use any info on how to improve this here connection Cable = Dialup speed atm and it sucks :mad::mad::mad:

9. Ranmas83

Ranmas83 Thread Starter

Ok, i re installed windows to see and did find out it was the ISP but nother problem of mine is that im using USB to connect to modem but it freezes for some reason i cant right click to see the status or anything i have to either unplug or restart computer and this is like every 10 min or so really getting on my nerve.

THANKS everyone for helping with other but now new prob :/

10. jazz3000

jazz3000

Have you called Comcast to determine what the prob might be. It may well be their side has a problem? You're running a pretty nice system with what I see from the specs. Why aren't you using a network card in the system or off your board? Are your usb connections all up to par with the drivers needed? Some 2.0's or above need them. Let us know...Jazz

11. Ranmas83

Ranmas83 Thread Starter

i changed to using network now. USB likes to freeze up for some reason well the USB with the Internet connection freezes when it does i have to unplug and plug back in to reset it. All my drivers are updated pretty much weekly by me, i enjoy keeping system at best performance. I'm not the person on the Internet bill and the guy is hard to talk to about anything tech so im probably stuck with the problem for awhile

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700358

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice