Solved Network Card not recognoised in my PC?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Fish_Head

Hi Frank -that all seemed too easy -I just followed those instructions and now my connection is restored.

Thank you for bearing with me, and thank you very, very much for identifying what was happening and offering a solution so efficiently. It is very, very much appreciated

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Hi Frank -that all seemed too easy -I just followed those instructions and now my connection is restored.
Good news at last! 😀 (y)
Thank you for bearing with me, and thank you very, very much for identifying what was happening and offering a solution so efficiently. It is very, very much appreciated
You're very welcome. :)

Just to make sure no issue can occur with the Intel PRO/1000 GT ethernet card being present in the computer, do the following:
Go into the Device Manager, then expand the Network Adapters heading.
Right-click on the Intel PRO/1000 GT entry, then select to disable it.
Ignore the warning that appears.

While you're still in the Device Manager, do the following:
Double-click the Realtek PCIe GbH Family Controller entry to open its properties window.
Click the "Driver" tab.
Submit an image of that window so I can confirm the driver version and driver date.

------------------------------------------------

Fish_Head

thanks again, Frank...
Intel PRO/1000 GT is disabled now (I guess it's OK to physically remove it as well?)

and here is the driver info for the Realtek Controller:RealtekDriverDetailsNew.jpg
I assume this is all good too?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Everything looks good in your 2 images.
The dedicated ethernet card is disabled and the integrated ethernet device has the most current driver. (y)

I was going to suggest removing the dedicated ethernet card, but I wasn't sure if you wanted to do that, so that's why I had you disable it.
Personally, I would remove it because it's useless in Windows 10. (n)

-------------------------------------------------

Fish_Head

Thanks for that confirmation Frank -I'll definitely remove that card!
..another one to put down to experience, and I've learned a litttle more :)

Thank you again (y)
All the best,
Bill.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online