1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network Card turning off randomly - Cannot activate again unless I restart

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ThaKinetic, Jan 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThaKinetic

ThaKinetic Thread Starter

As the title describes, my network card sometimes (Now more regularly than ever) deactivates completely and renders me unable to connect to the internet. I seemingly cannot activate/deactivate the network card while this happens and my only solution is to restart the computer and run an error scan on the network card (It only finds the error if I restart first).

What might this problem occur from? If anyone has any way of preventing this I'd be most grateful.

SysInfo:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8077 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, -1984 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 286160 MB, Free - 5518 MB; D: Total - 403313 MB, Free - 195112 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., N76VZ
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Disabled

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Card is loose or most likely faulty.

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    As oddba11 points out it could be that the card needs to be pulled out and reseated. However if this is the Ethernet Port on the motherboard, it is likely a failure, or a software problem (driver) if you uninstall the network adapter in device manager, then restart windows it should find new hardware and reinstall the driver. Is this a Bug Box brand computer (HP/Compaq) Custom build, or an Asus laptop?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140493

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice