1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cyndryl, Nov 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cyndryl

cyndryl Thread Starter

I've got a Linksys 10/100 LAN Card. I'm running WinXP. I hook up to the internet via USB and a cable modem. I've had two 10/100 cards both have the same problem. In the network connections box it keeps telling me that the "network cable is unplugged" but I've had it plugged into the cable modem and to my x-box. All of which use a cat5 cable RJ-45 connectors. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated
    TY
    D.

2. twotymer05

twotymer05

did u try plugging it directly into the computer.

3. cliffc

cliffc

I have the same problem. One of my network cards is an Intergrated one, but it still says its unplugged. I can not find a solution anywhere.

4. Rockn

Rockn

What does the RJ-45 connector on the cable modem say? Does it say ethernet or something else. I thought you said the cable modem was using USB, where exactly does the USB come into play here.

5. cliffc

cliffc

I just found out that you have to use a CROSSOVER cable, not a PATCH cable.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60124

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice