1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network Cards and Windows NT

Discussion in 'Networking' started by microcacti, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. microcacti

microcacti Thread Starter

Hi

I just got a version of windows NT Server 4 and have setup. I was it as a web and VPN server but when i installed the network card things did not go smoothly. The IRQ adresses and I/O where conflicting and drivers were not installing. I have hopefully fixed everything up but I am still getting only the center light, link/act on my switch, and not getting a 10/100 or Full/half lights and its not working. (no servise paks, need ethernet for internet)

Need Quick Help
    Sean :)

2. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

Windows NT Server 4.0 is notoriously bad with hardware.
    What type of NIC are you using and do you have a driver disk for it??

3. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Have you tried a different network card that has NT4 drivers?

4. microcacti

microcacti Thread Starter

The Motherboard does not have any PCI Slots and ISA Network cards are hard to come by, but ill try another manufacturer. More info: The card has both RJ-45 and colaxial ports. I have installed the drivers for NT 4. It seems to be a NE2000 or a NIC2000.

5. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

So the problem isn't so much with NT but with an old motherboard. Even Win9x would likely have the same problems. But you should still be able to get ISA network cards. I always keep a few around just in case.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323244

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice