1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network connection not appearing anymore

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by supercyndi, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supercyndi

supercyndi Thread Starter

I have window xp laptop, with wireless built in, I turned it on the yesterday, and there is no network connections, if I go to the network folder, nothing appears. I went to device manager and my broadband along with other devices for the wireless, all had errors, I did a system restore, it worked, then I run norton antivirus, along with adwere and ms anti spy ware, reboot and now it's not working again, and niether is system restore, So I uninstall the drivers, reboot, still not working :confused: , so I we reinstall all the HP drivers using the cd that came with the laptop, still no luck :confused: . I can post a hijack this file if need. Can anyone help me?
    Thanks so much

2. Raijin Z

Raijin Z

Under warranty? Send it back. It's a bigger headache than I would tangle with, and I've had to deal with people snapping their power jacks off the mainboard and SUPERGLUING them back on with no regard for electrical connectivity.

3. supercyndi

supercyndi Thread Starter

it is under warrenty, but i wanted to use that as a last option, if I was to reFormat and install, would that work, and what is the best way to reformat a harddrive and install the operating system

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!