1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network Connection Problem:confused:

Discussion in 'Networking' started by la_domini, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. la_domini

la_domini Thread Starter

I have been having issues with internet for about a week. Cable company says I have a good signal and I have recyled power feels like a hundred times.

I went to install TCP/IP Protocol and I received this error message:

"specified path does not contain any applicable device INFs"

Please help :(

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Sounds like your O/S installation may be corrupted. Have you considered trying a repair installation?

All you do is boot from the CD. When it asks if you want to repair and to press "R", don't. Continue with the installation just like you were installing for the first time.

You will then get a license agreement and it will ask you to press F8 to agree. Right after that screen, you will see a list of Windows installations that setup found. It will ask if you want to repair it. Read the directions on that page!!!

Then, you will actually press "R" this time and XP will re-install.

When done, you will be back to your familiar desktop with everything looking just like it did before. But all your Windows Updates are gone and you will need to get those again.

3. la_domini

la_domini Thread Starter

thank you for your help. As soon as I get home, I will try that. Hope it works. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485879

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice