Network Connections just vanish.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Luke101

I have said something about this problem many months ago but it is really starting to irritate me now.
If I create a Network Connection in the Network Connections folder, then check back they have gone. I can make a direct shortcut (when setting up nework connection) and open it from there, but when I connect there is no flashy computers so i tick the notification box (the thing that shows the flashy computers bottom right) still nothing. It just dials up and vanishes (connects me ok though). The only way I can get offline is by putting the computer into standby mode and then back into windows mode, this gets quite annoying.
I have read countless Microsoft documents but they all refer to platforms other than XP - I contacted them and they were no help. So I am at quite a loss, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online