1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Network Connections] please help :(

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lenix, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lenix

lenix Thread Starter

hello guys, i hope i'll find a solution here because im not willing to format my C:\ ( I don't feel like it and it's not a big problem and im sick living with it smile.gif )..

When i connect to the internet, The Icon of the two small computers does not go to my Task bar ( near the tasks eg: msn messenger ), until i go to My Network Connections, Right click and press Refresh... i mean it does'nt go automaticaly, same as my network connection when its aquiring the ip, it stays there in my tray until i refresh my Network connections, Anybody knows a workaround ? I don't have any idea why that happened, i don't remember missing with anything ;/

windows xp sp2 pro

Many thanks in advance

2. JayT

JayT

To get the icon to show in taskbar, go to Settings- Netword connections -Properties- put a check in "Show icon in notification area when connected", ok out and it should work.

3. lenix

lenix Thread Starter

u got my problem wrong, i said it only shows in the trya if i refresh My Network Connections ( If what you're talking about is not checked, the connection would'nt even get in the tray even if i refreshed ) , everything was fine, it worked perfectly since i installed the windows, and since 3 days i dont know what happened ;/

4. lenix

lenix Thread Starter

no help ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330190

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice