1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network Connections

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Jim Joyce, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jim Joyce

Jim Joyce Thread Starter

I recently installed verizon VZ Access Manager to use my blackberry as a tethered modem. Since then, I have noticed that neither my wireless nor my wired LAN connections appear in Network Connections. My connections work fine. I am using a wired LAN connection to send this. However, the connection does not appear in Windows Network Connections. According to what I've read, the connection should be automatically entered there.

Why would it be missing, and how do I get it back?

Jim:eek:

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Check to see if the appropriate service is Started in Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services. Think the name is something like Network Connections ... .

3. Jim Joyce

Jim Joyce Thread Starter

The Network connection service is started. Startup was set as manual and I changed it to automatic. It didn't make any difference.

Jim:eek:

4. Aitrusskyy

Aitrusskyy

Have you checked the verizon software, to see if it shows those connections? I recently got a sprint connection and it actually disables your wireless to connect to sprint on the go. It also has software that manages connecting to the spring network and/or it also manages my network connections and allows me to choose them through its own software.

Regardless of sprint or verizon the software installed does disable your wireless network temporarily so it can know which network to connect to. I would say your issue probably begins there.

5. Jim Joyce

Jim Joyce Thread Starter

Thanks,

I'm pretty sure your right that the verizon software started my troubles. I made the mistake of allowing the verizon software to scan for available networks. I've since disabled that feature, but whatever it did to prevent windows from looking for those networks is now set incorrectly. Now neither software shows the connection even though it is in fact connected and working properly. Even the hard wired LAN connection fails to appear in Windows Network Connections.

It's a mystery to me.

Jim

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/718163

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice