1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network Connectivity Issues!!! AAARRGHHH

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sspbass, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sspbass

sspbass Thread Starter

My wireless connection kept dropping out today so I decided to try using a different wireless router to see if it would help. I tried using a Linksys router with dd-wrt on it and could get it to work so I decided to put the old on back on. Now it won't work at all.

The main desktop is connected via Ethernet cable through the wireless router and worked this morning. Now after I messed with it, it does not work at all. I have to go directly from the modem to the computer to get it to work

Our internet is a high speed tech that broadcasts from a tower to a receiver on our house and then through a coaxial cable to our modem. (not sure what they call it)

Attached are pictures of the network diagnostic message and ipcongif/all results for the desktop and laptop.

I tried to mess with the DNS settings to get them to an "open source" I believe.
    It was advice from another thread on this forum but I couldn't get any of it to work.

I've been working on this for hours today and I am at my wits end!! :confused: any help would be immensely appreciated.\

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Many times you have to power cycle (unplug for 30 seconds) the modem when switching the device connected to it.

You have an apparently good connection to the router so look at its WAN (Internet) status to see if it got a good IP configuration from the ISP.

3. sspbass

sspbass Thread Starter

Sorry for the noob question but how do I do that?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914570

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice