1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network design problem 2 routers 1 line

Discussion in 'Networking' started by nzman, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nzman

nzman Thread Starter

Ok looking for a good answer here. Is it possible to isolate 1 PC that connects to a buisness network via VPN through a router from 3 other lap tops on a LAN by using another router. My idea was this...

1st Router with 4 ports has DHCP enabled to a hub and 2 of the PC's the other PC to the hub. Then the PC that needs isolating goes to a second router that has the first router as its gateway.

How does this sound to all? Any good sugestion would be great.

Thanks all

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    My experiance on a home network of VPN is onece my laptop was VPN connected to the coporate netwrok - my home network was blocked and I could not access any components on my network and no other PC could access my laptop - once i dropped the VPN line of course it was all available to the home network.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

That's my experience with VPN's too. I have a couple of clients that I use a VPN to connect to their networks, and the machine I'm using loses any access to my local network or the Internet while they're connected. I have a special machine that I use just for VPN connections.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/574380

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice