1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

network diagnostic message: "there may be a problem with your DNS configuration"

Discussion in 'Networking' started by missd411, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. missd411

missd411 Thread Starter

i just typed a whole essay basically and because i forgot to get back on the other net its all gone!!

HAVE EXAMS so can't type all that again!!

-Using vista, Arris touchstone telephony modem (only DS and power lights flashing, don't think this is normal. Every few minutes all flash), MSI 108M wireless router (all lights flashing normally, i think, only numbers not, don't know if they usually do)
    -Net connection just went off spontneously (at about 2pm GMT -4)
    -I went to network connections and tried changing DNS (suggestion from previous post) as i initially got message "cannot communicate with primary dns server", didn't work
    -Also got message "network adaptor needs to be reset" after the 1 above and "The TCP is wrong" before the title, but it has gone back to the title
    -Service provider tech dept not answering

If you need more details please ask!!

2. Bernardo

Bernardo

:confused: I'm not understanding anything from your post :confused:

3. missd411

missd411 Thread Starter

-Using vista,

-Using Arris touchstone telephony modem (only DS and power lights flashing, don't think this is normal. Every few minutes all flash),

-Using MSI 108M wireless router (all lights flashing normally, i think, only numbers not, don't know if they usually do)

-Net connection just went off spontaneously (at about 2pm GMT -4)

-I went to network connections and tried changing DNS (suggestion from previous post) as i initially got message "cannot communicate with primary dns server", didn't work

-Also got message "network adaptor needs to be reset" after the 1 above and "The TCP is wrong" before the title, but it has gone back to the title

-Service provider tech dept not answering

BETTER???

4. helpful

helpful

5. missd411

missd411 Thread Starter

i don't have a phone...its just the net...

6. helpful

helpful

Do you have any other devices on the phone line (fax machine/answering machine)?

7. missd411

missd411 Thread Starter

no!!
    it fixed itself!!! thank God!!!

thanks for the help though....

8. Bernardo

Bernardo

The miracles of the internet.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921115

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice