Network Disconnected - Please Help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

STEEBIE

I have always had problems with the internet. Any program that uses it such as Real Player or any mp3 downloader doesn't work. Also any multiplayer game that connects through the internet doesn't work. I looked in my network connections under my dial-up settings and i find that it says Compuserve is disconnected, the internet itself runs fine but every program that uses it doesn't. I get such errors as "cannot connect to server" or "please connect to internet"(even though I'm already on the internet). I've had this problem since I got this computer. I am using a Lucent Win Modem. Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I think that Compuserve is a proprietary network like AOL's and they restrict access to everything outside of their little world. If you want to access the rest of the world you might have to get another ISP.

Under Dial-up networking, how many connections are listed?

BTW AOL bought CIS. AOL customers are not experiencing this, so I doubt your experience is normal.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online