1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network driver problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Star1708, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Star1708

Star1708 Thread Starter

Anyone just can help me, actually i got a IBM S50 8148mge PC and just finish reformat to window XP-SP2 but i cannot found the network icon in my right hand side tray, and i go to device manage i found the ethernet controller is a question mark, i try to download the setup files i get in the IBM official website but it doesn't work, i may me almost crazy, i use a day to try fix it but not sucessful, so can any one can give me some suggestion how to solve it. Thank You

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Download from IBM's (Lenova's) web site the chipset, networking and any other needed drivers. Install the chipset drivers first.

3. Star1708

Star1708 Thread Starter

Dear terryNet
    Actually i install all the chipset driver already, but just the network card driver i install is no respon, i donno what was happening?

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Maybe the NIC is defective.

5. Star1708

Star1708 Thread Starter

so what can i do, i almost no idea what was happen now?

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Even after installing chipset and networking drivers you still have the yellow warning/error on the ethernet, right? I think the next thing to do is try another ethernet adapter--USB or PCI (if you have a spare slot).

7. Star1708

Star1708 Thread Starter

ya, may be, but anyway thank you, terrynet. thanks for your suggestion.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976903

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice