Network drives

Robyf1

Roberto
Good morning,
I happen to connect network drives with the following options enabled:
- reconnect to access
- store credentials
However, when I restart the system I find them with an "X" above. By clicking on the network drive, the "X" disappears.
The problem is that I created batches which perform operations on the above units, and work only if someone clicks on the network drive, therefore, they cannot work if launched at startup.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Sounds like the Batch files may be running BEFORE the network is connected.

What happens if you run the batch file(s) them manually after a full start?

Robyf1

Roberto
I tried to put a few minutes in the batch on hold before running the command but it doesn't work anyway. not even by launching it manually

TerryNet

Terry
I have not tested this; just an idea.

Try to simulate clicking on the network drive with the command dir <network drive>.

If that works you may be able to simply have it in the batch file before any real operations or you may have to have a separate batch file that runs first. For production you probably don't want the directory spewing out so do something like dir <network drive> > %temp%\networkdir.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Batch files in the DOS were great, you could control when they were to run.
But with windows, no one knows when they will run on startup.

But with windows if there are two or more user accounts, they will not run until the user is logged in. This just maybe what you need to do, is have extra accounts on every machine. These can be a IT account with super passwords and would also be a IT back door.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online