1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network Errors

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Evan124, Jan 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Evan124

Evan124 Thread Starter

Hello, I was hoping somebody here can help me. I am using a PC Running Windows Vista, and my internet is not working properly. Earlier today I was browsing the internet using google chrome as usual, when suddenly it gave me an error message. "Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED):" Not knowing what this meant exactly, I did the usual troubleshooting that I normally do when I have an issue:

-Restarted

-Ran AVG Anti-Virus (no threats found)

-Ran network diagnostics (No problems found)

Not knowing what to do next, I check both Firefox and IE, and both work fine. So it's not actually my internet, there must be some underlying clash here that is not allowing Google chrome to browse the web. I downloaded Opera thinking I could get by with that for the time being, but it returns a similar error as Google chrome did "Could not connect to remote server"

I heard that this can be caused by AVG, namely the firewall not allowing Chrome access to the internet, but I temporarily disabled AVG entirely and no change, still unable to do anything.

Please help? :(

2. Evan124

Evan124 Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1034967