1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network Hardware configuration error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by momomomomo, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. momomomomo

momomomomo Thread Starter

I am running windows XP on a laptop but it stops loading when it gets to the microsoft logo (HDD stops working rather than computer hanging - scrolling bar still scrolling but HDD light stops)

I have started up in safe mode and it says that there is a problem with the configuration of the network hardware. I have tried restoring the computer to a previous setting but this stops working when it restarts at the same period it stopped working before

Please can you provide indepth info as my computer is running in Spanish (long story) and i dont speak a whole lot of spanish!

2. Rockn

Rockn

Delete the network hardware from device manager while in safe mode and reboot.

3. momomomomo

momomomomo Thread Starter

I'm afraid that didnt seem to help. I have tried to remove all items that relate to network devices but computer is no better

When i go in to safe mode this is the message that comes up (translated from Spanish so not perfect):

Windows is running in Safe Mode

This special diagnostic mode windows to correct the problem have been caused by the configuration of your network hardware.

Make sure this configuration is correct at the control panel and then restart Windows.

While this in Safe mode, some devices will not work.

To continue the Safe mode, click yes. If you prefer to use System Restore to restore the settings of your computer to a previous state click no.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!