1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network help

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jpalonso, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpalonso

jpalonso Thread Starter

I don't yet have a "Home Network". But I do have something close. Let me explain myself as to the fact that I am NOT a very tech savy person when it comes to networking, but I do have something that IS working for me now. I have my Comcast cable modem hooked up to a Netgear router that I am using as a switch. (the computors do NOT talk to each other).I have one computer, and X-box 360, and a PS3 hooked up to the 'OUT' terminal of the router/switch. they are right next to each other. The fourth terminal is hooked up to another computer in another room at the opposite end of the house. This is all wired. What I am trying to do is set up a wireless access point. I purchased a wireless access point switch (Netgear model WN604-100NAS)

The question that I have is will I be able to take the fourth computer's cable and hook it up to this device and still be able to run another cable back from said device to the fourth computer, and will it function as a wireless access. What I'm trying to do is keep the same setup that I now have and add wireless to it. Any suggestions would be helpful.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice