1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network home computers

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Dave543, Sep 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave543

Dave543 Thread Starter

Trying to help brother connect new PC to his current home network. His new PC is HP 880-177cn with windows 10 home. The OS is an initial install. He has a Norton Core router. PC 2, glen2 new PC, can see and transfer files from PC 1, glen1 current PC, but PC 1 can not see PC 2. Tried setting up workgroup but still no change. When checking Network ID in the change workgroup area, it is grayed out. PC 2 thinks it is an office PC and we can not change it do to “ network id” is grayed out. Checked network services and client * selection is turned off. Can not change this either because the tab is grayed out. Both computers can connect to the Internet with no problems. All worked fine until changed to the new Norton core router. Old router is a Netgear. I myself have a Norton Core router and it connects and works good. Any suggestions?

I have looked through most of the current listed threads but could not find one to match.

PC 1, CURRENT PC

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model
    60 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16303 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 1845 GB (1757 GB Free); D: 14 GB (1 GB Free); H: 3725 GB
    (3515 GB Free); I: 930 GB (555 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2AF3
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

PC 2, NEW PC

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10

Processor Count: 12

RAM: 32696 Mb

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, -1 Mb

Hard Drives: C: 237 GB (167 GB Free); E: 917 GB (913 GB Free); F: 14 GB (1 GB Free); H: 465 GB (321 GB Free); I: 465 GB (230 GB Free);

Motherboard: HP, 8437

Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216713

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice