Network icon in Windows 10 v2004?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zebanovich

After W10 upgrade to 2004 my network icon shows as "disconnected" in taskbar

neticon.png

Is there a known solution or troubleshooting steps to this problem?
Does anyone have this problem?

I have no problem with internet at all, just this icon.
I did fresh OS install latest ISO W10 v2004, because I lost patience, the problem went away but came back after few days.

Some info that could be relevant:

OS edition: Pro
OS version: 2004
OS build: 19041.329

Network card: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_7B291462&REV_15
Driver date: 18.11.2019.
Driver version: 10.38.1118.2019

Last edited:
Check your DNS server settings. It should point to the DNS servers you are using or it should point to your router. That icon judges connectivity by that setting. ipconfig (cmd prompt) will tell you what you are using currently.

zebanovich

Yes good advice for DNS!

I have DNSCrypt service installed which when unable to resolve over 443 falls back to google servers port 53
My adapter only accepted localhost DNS but not fallback server.
There was no problem with this setup in v1909.

After adding secondary DNS, restarting service, restarting adapter the icon is here!
neticon2.png

Thanks man! 🙂

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online