1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

network is endlesly looping on indetifying (Moved from Windows 7 forum)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by wolfbird, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wolfbird

wolfbird Thread Starter

Untitled.jpg

unitled2.jpg

I have internet access, though, my local area connection is working, but below it writtes identyfing, whats the error? is this eating extra rap or cpu in anyway and how do i fix it?! any answer would be appriciated

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Do you have two network cards?
    Does your Monitor have a network connection?

Can we have details of your hardware??

3. wolfbird

wolfbird Thread Starter

Do you have two network cards?
    Does your Monitor have a network connection?

Can we have details of your hardware??

i think i might have two network cards, since i added one more slot to connect my lan cable (sorry if thats not it, i may sound very stupid now ) my monitor is PNP generic,r , everything works, i do have internet connection, i just wonder why does that thing keep looping ,if i disable it my interenetconnection stops working. About details, can you be more specific please :D, im not very good at this, like can u give me instructions on where to go and what to screenshot, thank you :D

4. DaveBurnett

http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe is what you were asked to run, although I've just realised it doesn't show network cards.

Right click on My Computer and select properties. That should show you the control panel and in there you can click on DEVICE MANAGER. That should show you all your physical devices including the network card(s).

5. wolfbird

wolfbird Thread Starter

the att.jpg

i found it, whats the next step (im sorry if im being a pain in the ***) :D

6. DaveBurnett

I think your motherboard has a built in network connection and you have also added a separate network card, so you have two choices (I think).

You can plug into the motherboard and remove the extra card, or you can go into the BIOS set up and disable the motherboard network and use the added card.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142321

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice