Network Issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mothus

I have a Dell Inspiron PC, and I am not able to connect to the internet (wired or wireless). I have tired everything with no success. Any help in resolving this issue is appreciated. Below is a log of "IPCONFIG"

Windows IP Configuration

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::e534:388d:33e1:95bf%15
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.149.191
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Tunnel adapter isatap.{B33DCBDA-8B4E-4201-AB27-2AB40FD10BE9}:

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Thank you for any help

etaf

Wayne
What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG , Webroot etc

Mothus

I had Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 on there, I have since uninstalled this antivirus, and installed malwarebytes to check for malware, but none was found after a full scan.

TerryNet

Terry
"Media disconnected" for the ethernet probably indicates a defective cable or NIC.

Mothus

Thank you TerryNet, I will take a closer look at this, but I am not able to connect wired or wireless, I can connect to the router but says "No Internet Access".

etaf

Wayne
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online