1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

network key

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mob, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mob

mob Thread Starter

does anybody no how this works?my friend has the wireless base and i tried to get on there with my laptop but it wont let m and he dont no his key?isnt there a program which can by past this?

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Thats called hacking and depending on the encryption your running it might not be able to be done... Why not have your friend make a new key and then just give you the new one?

3. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Just have him reset the router to the factory defaults and reset up the Encryption key. There are some utilites out there that can show you the password stored under Asterisks. I always see Bob Cerelli recommend it but can't remember the name of it. You would have to run it on your buddies computer to see if it would reveal the encryption key under the asterisk.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/433468

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice