Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Network Link to Printer

1K views 20 replies 4 participants last post by  rhclerk 
#1 ·
My printer is on the network. It's taking several minutes to print documents, doesn't matter the program or kind of document. Changing network cables didn't help. I can get on to network files and work in programs fine. Plugged my network cable into different computer and that computer printed fine. Seems problem is between my computer and printer. Any ideas? Thanks -

#8 ·
do you know the IP address of the printer? If so do this in Command Prompt, ping the IP address of the printer: ping <ip address of printer> -n 100 and then let me know what the results of the times are (min, max, avg) and if there is any packet loss.

Is the computer wireless or Ethernet also?

#11 ·
I should have given an example :) so the ping command should be ping 192.168.0.5 -n 100 (change 192.168.0.5 to the IP of the printer) and that should work. Also if it shows a packet loss of more than say 5 let me know that too.

Is your computer also going Ethernet or is it wireless?

#13 ·
OK, so the time and no packet loss does show there is no connectivity issue. Does anyone have the same issue?

I would suggest to uninstall the driver and download the newest one here:
https://www.support.xerox.com/suppo.../downloads/enus.html?operatingSystem=win10x64

Since the machine is a multi-function printer, I suspect that this machine is under a contract? Check the machine for a Xerox label or any label with a phone number as they may be able to provide more information.

#18 ·
Do you think Norton could be a cause for this? I installed Norton AV over a month ago and these problems started happening last Friday, so I don't see how Norton could be involved but it's the only recent change made to my computer. I looked through all the Norton settings and didn't see anything that scanned jobs before sending to the printer or the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.