Network Monitoring Software

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Murph1233

I am looking for something that I can use for a couple of days, whether it be a trial or freeware, to monitor my network. I am experiencing some slowdowns and I think it is because of a client machine. I don't know if someone has a virus or what, but every now and then my network gets bogged down by data being sent out of my network to the internet. Is there any software that will monitor the bandwidth usage by IP address? If I can find the client machine that is causing the problem, I should be able to get it fixed.

It really depends on your current network setup, how do clients connect to the internet? what do they go through? could you elaborate?

Theres:

SNMP (obviously)
MRTG

Few others but they depend on the setup

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
Wireshark is free. You can let it collect data for a while, and then use the Conversations tool under Statistics to show you what IP is sending the most data.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online