1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network Pass Words

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by redridinghood, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. redridinghood

redridinghood Thread Starter

We are trying to establish e-mail accounts using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. I have contacted our ISP, who is a DSL with broadband, and set up the account names and passwords but I keep getting error messages. The ISP checked on their end and said everything is o.k. We all have separate computers and the only thing linking us together is the DSL. Other than that we are not networked in any other way. :confused: The annoying Enter Network Password dialogue box keeps popping up and will not go away. It has appeared on all the computers we are trying to set up e-mail accounts on. Our router Link D1-707P says it doesn't have a password. We do have more than 1 user on the computers. Does the account need to be established on the system adm level but I wouldn't think that because it still doesn't work on the boss's computer. I tried MSN tech support no help.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I can't find a Link D1-707P router. Is it maybe a D-Link DI-707P?

Do you have internet access on these computers? Or is the "Enter Network Password" to establish a DSL connection?

3. redridinghood

redridinghood Thread Starter

We do have internet access to the computers. We do not need a password for our internet.
    I guess the question is what is "Network Password" and why all of a sudden does it appear when we tried to implement our e-mail through our Microsoft Outlook.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643417

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice