1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network Password Dialogue Box

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Patsy42uk, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Patsy42uk

Patsy42uk Thread Starter

How can I stop my network bx keeping popping up and asking for my password when I am already signed in? I have tried deleting the username and password and re-entering them but it still pops up every few minutes. Patsy:eek:

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

When does it ask for the password, when you attempt to access shared resources? We need to know the context of the password prompt.

3. Patsy42uk

Patsy42uk Thread Starter

I am on a shared network at home with three computers, one of which is the server. This dialogue box is called Enter Network Password and is for my email service. It keeps popping up all the time. I dont know what other details I can give you:confused: Patsy

4. JohnWill

OK, that helps. If it's the email client that's asking for the password, what email client do you use?

5. Patsy42uk

Patsy42uk Thread Starter

I use Virgin.net and Yahoo through Microsoct Outlook 2003 which I am using 'on free trial' basis. Patsy

6. JohnWill

Do you have the paid Yahoo POP email account? If you're using the free Yahoo, it's webmail only. If it's the paid account and it's configured for POP email using Outlook 2003, you need to configure Outlook to save the account password.

7. Patsy42uk

Patsy42uk Thread Starter

Yes I am working on that - with a little help from hubbie :confused: many thanks for your response. :D Patsy

8. JohnWill

Let us know if you figure it out. :)

9. Patsy42uk

Patsy42uk Thread Starter

Yes I did resolve it - I visited yahoo and changed instruction from pop to forwarding and that worked. Many thanks again, Patsy:)(y)

10. JohnWill

Glad we could help, if only indirectly. :)

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the top of the page in the upper right corner.© :)

[​IMG]

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699964

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice