network password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

scrtagnt420

I recently got my computer back from the shop. It is a P3 800mhz 256 ram 40 gig hard drive. It is running win98se. When it boots up before my desktop icons come up I get a network password screen. It has my name in the user field but I never set this up that I know of. If I click either the red arrow, the enter or cancel boxes it will go away and the icons appear. It is a real anoyance csn snyonr help. Thanks

Styxx

Banned
In the Network control panel use the drop-down arrow choose Windows Logon; click Apply; click Ok. Did this help after a restart?

Styxx

Banned
you find the Network control panel within Control Panel - Start; Settings; Control Panel; Network. Everything within Control Panel is a control panel.

scrtagnt420

I do appreciate you help. I went to network under the control panel. If I right click I get a drop down but only for to open or create shortcut. If I open there are no options for logon. Please help

click start > settings > control panel > network

That should bring up the box you see here, then click on the down arrow (circled in red) and make sure it says "Windows logon"

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online