1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

network printer problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by AnnW, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AnnW

AnnW Thread Starter

When I click on print with this computer there is a long wait and then a window pops up titled “Printers Folder” with the message “Error writing to 10.40.71.222:netprinter for Document Document: An unexpected network error occurred. Do you wish to retry or cancel the job?”
    Retry does not help; although sometimes after I restart the computer a page may print—usually when I’ve tried a test page in Printer Properties.

The applications log in Event Viewer gives LPR Print Monitor event 2004
    “Printer is rejecting our request. Will retry until it accepts the request or the job is cancelled by the user.”

I have tried to delete the LPR port (to reenter it) and get a message that I cannot delete it because it is in use. I tried deleting the printer and then the port and was able to delete the port and re-enter it and add the printer but the problem persists.
    I have tried looking up the event 2004 and LPR Port at various sites but have not found any instructions for correcting this problem.
    Please give me troubleshooting direction if you can!
    Ann

2. SP9999

SP9999

The printer buffer may be full for whatever reason. Try turning the printer off, leaving it off for a minute or so. Then turn it on and retry. Might need a printer tech to look at hardware printer side.

3. AnnW

AnnW Thread Starter

Thanks for your response. I can turn the printer off and see if that helps. But all other computers on the network print just fine. The printer is connected by cable and is not directly connected to any computer. Let me know if you can comment on that. Again, thanks. I posted this question on two other forums (not on this site) and you are the first one to reply.

Ann

4. SP9999

SP9999

Standard suspects include toner, jam, memory buffer full, error lock on printer. Afraid I'm no printer guru.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273916

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice