1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network Printer Problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ~DC:UK~, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~DC:UK~

~DC:UK~ Thread Starter

Strange problem this so here goes.

My client has a wireless notebook (Dell NX5000 with Windows XP Pro) and has a wireless network set up at home by our company. He has ADSL and his configuration is as follows:

He has a D-Link DSL-300T ADSL modem connected to his Linksys Wireless B broadband router (model BEFW11S4) and has connected his HP 3015 Laserjet printer to the router via ethernet cable.

When he logs on he can see the printer in the control panel and it's status is showing as ready yet when he tries to print to it the job goes into the print queue and comes up with an error. I have tried to get it to print but it just will not print but will show up on the network as ready to print. I can access it's properties so it can't be a connection problem or it would not say ready!

Any ideas guys, this one has me stumped!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274176

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice