1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network printer(s) problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lehatche, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lehatche

lehatche Thread Starter

I am trying to get an XP machine to communicate with 2 printers that are wired via USB to a windows 7 machine. Peachtree accounting is running on both machines and the windows 7 machine holds all the data this works fine but when I try to share the printers I can not. When I go into the window 7 Home Prem. network share and choose to allow printer and file shareing and close out the window cut off the computer reboot and go back into file and printer shareing both are in the off position what's up? I have gone to several sites for a how to help and followed their advice to no avail. Could someone point me in the right direction or location. Thanks

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If you now have a genuine Windows 7 please post a new MGADiag. The instructions are in post # 7 of this thread.

3. lehatche

lehatche Thread Starter

I am not now nor was I on either of the machines mentioned in my question! those machines belong to a small business. Both machines were purchased from Dell (XP) and the windows 7 (HP), as for your last request I no longer have that machine after ordering and installing the Vista recovery disk I got rid of it because it was not that good of a computer anyway!

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Thanks.

Don't know if I can help with this problem, but my first suspect is an anti-spyware program (Spybot Search & Destroy comes to mind) may be un-doing the change when the system is shut down or restarted.

5. lehatche

lehatche Thread Starter

There are only 2 programs that I know of that type Avast and SuperAntispyware that are on the Win 7 machine. Should I get you to to relocate my question to the win 7 forum?

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Let's see what gets offered here, and maybe move to Windows 7 after a day.

Uh, wait, since you didn't explicitly say, let me ask ...

After turning on file and printer sharing you're hitting the "Save Changes" button, right? It's at the bottom of the window and could be missed.

7. lehatche

lehatche Thread Starter

yes, every attempt.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083596

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice