1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network printer shows offline

Discussion in 'Networking' started by RatATatTatt, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RatATatTatt

RatATatTatt Thread Starter

Hey guys,

I'm having some trouble that hopefully someone can give me some insight on. I have a networked printer that recently suddenly is offline. It is a Toshiba Estudio 550. It shows offline on all PCs (XP Pro) and for all users. The rest of the printers on the server are functioning just fine.

It is already being "used online" so right clicking and selecting that changes the status to "offline - offline." I can ping the printer's IP, but I cannot telnet into it. However, I can go into IE and navigate to the printer's config page via typing the IP into the address bar. I've cleared the print queue. I have also tried rebooting the controller, as well as shutting the entire printer down for a minute and starting it back up.

Does anyone have any other ideas or some knowledge you can drop on me? My last resort will be to delete the printer from the server and re-add it, but if there's anything else I can try first I am open to ideas. :D

2. Curly

Curly

You have established that the print server is working fine. But what about the print device, the physical machine that does the printing? How have you tested it?

3. RatATatTatt

I printed a config page directly from the printer as well as successfully making copies (it's an all-in-one).

4. Curly

Curly

What do you mean by "directly from the printer"?

5. RatATatTatt

I used the control panel that is physically on the printer itself, navigated to test pages on the control panel display and chose the config page from there.

6. Curly

Curly

OK, so the printer can print. What happens when you use a remote source? Connect it directly to your computer and attempt to print. Try it from both computers.

7. wmnewman23

wmnewman23

Restart the spooler service on the server. I had this issue about 3 weeks ago on a Zebra printer after a power outage. Hope it works!:rolleyes:

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/853093