1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network Printer status not available-help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hawthorn59, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hawthorn59

hawthorn59 Thread Starter

Hi

I am at my wits end with a Samsung scx-4623fw laser printer. It works wirelessly for a while but after a week or 2 I get "Network printer status is not available". Troubleshooting doesnt help. If I reinstall the printer it works fine....for another week or two!

I do remember once changing some setting....maybe port...Im not sure. I read somewhere in my online searches about it. I know it was like just a single digit of a difference, but I cant remember now what exactly and its confusing.

i wonder is the problem my router or the printer itself?

many thanks

kevin

2. pip22

pip22

My son had the same problem with a wireless Brother printer, but rather than re-install the printer he simply re-entered the router's wireless key into the printer's setup menu & all was fine again until next time. The problem persisted until he changed the router, since which time the printer has never lost it's network connection.

So it would appear that it depends on your router make & model. They are not all equal in this respect.
    I suspect also that some wireless printers are worse than others too when it comes to maintaining a reliable connection.

3. hawthorn59

hawthorn59 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. Sadly that didnt work for me.....so I just went for the full Revo uninstall and then re-install again....working now, for a while I suppose!

thanks

kevin

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1064320