1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

network printer troubles

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fitzy04, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fitzy04

fitzy04 Thread Starter

Hello all,
    I had just set up another printer for my company. 3 people are connected to the printer, one Windows 7 and two Windows XP computers. The Windows 7 can print to the printer fine and one of the Windows XP computers can print fine. The Windows XP that cannot print to the printer, I followed exactly what I did for the Windows XP computer than can print. When I try to print from the Windows XP computer that cannot print, the only message I receive is "Page failed to print. Would you like to open the print troubleshooter?" I tried going through the troubleshooter and it didn't help. I removed the printer from the XP computer that couldn't print (thinking maybe I goofed on the initial set up) and I set it up again. I receive the same problem. All 3 computers are able to ping the printer IP address (even the computer that can't print to it).

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    maybe a firewall configuration ?
    have you checked the firewall settings and make sure the IP address are allowed ?

3. fitzy04

fitzy04 Thread Starter

But if that were the case, the computer wouldn't have connected to the computer in the first place, correct? I connected the the computer to the printer using the IP address of the printer.

4. fitzy04

fitzy04 Thread Starter

computer wouldn't have connected to the printer in the first place* sorry about the typo

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    no, but firewalls can do strange things - see issues like this with Norton & AVG

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085667

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice