Network Printer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tgalloway2

We have 2 homecomputers on a Linksys router, my computer being the primary. I have it hooked up to a HP 1560 Deskjet printer and I can't get it to work from my wife's computer. Her computer sees that it's there but won't print. We are both running Win 7(64 bit) and have Norton Internet security running. Someone help me, please. It's driving me nuts.

TerryNet

Terry
Have you turned on file and printer sharing on the host computer? Shared the printer? Configured Norton to allow the desired access?

Has the remote computer been able to connect to the printer? Is it showing as online in Devices and Printers? What happens when you try to print a test page from the Printer Properties window?

tgalloway2

File and printer sharing is on and NIS has been configured ti accept it.
Remote comp shows printer online. When test.page button
is pushed., it says it is printing, but doesn't spool. I am at a loss

TerryNet

Terry
Does it print if you connect the printer directly to the other computer? If so, I suspect Norton.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online