Network Printing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

harve

I am currently having problems printing to my netowrk printer. I am printing from a Dell laptop (XP home) over a 10 base T ethernet network to an Epson Stylus 950 printer connected using an Intel print server. No matter what size the print job i send, the laptop takes a few minutes to process the job and i wnat to findout how i can speed things up. I've looked at the task manager and found that while processing the print jobs the paging feel seems to be used a lot.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong??

Look in the properties for the print server and see if there is an option to spool the jobs there instead of locally. More memory on the printer will also help if it has that option to add memory

harve

Thanks. Unfortunately i can't add memory to the printer or spool the jobs on the print server. Do you think using a USB print server would help??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online