1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

network problem

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by XPUser1991, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. XPUser1991

XPUser1991 Thread Starter

i am having problems connecting to the internet at school, it used to bring up a logon dialog box where i would enter my username and password, but now it doesn't come up and i can't access the website to logon either, i just get a can't find the domain 404, how do i fix this?

Early 2011 macbook pro

2. Headrush

Headrush

Two things you can try:

Open preferences in Safari, in Privacy tab, click the button for details on cookies. If you see ones listed for the site you are trying access, delete them.

Again in Safari preferences under the Passwords tab, check for previously saved passwords for the web site you are trying to access, delete them also.

3. throdne

throdne

Are you connected wirelessly or wired? If wireless, I had a problem very similar to what you are having. What I had to do was remove the wireless network from the System Prefs, and then add it back in. Some times if a setting is changed on the router the computer doesn't pick up on it e.g. channel, broadcasting, protection.... If you are wired then see if you have a connection to the internet. Open terminal, type, "ping google.com" (you can also use this on wireless) if you are getting replies back then you are good. What headrush posted might help you. Another way of doing it is, if you are using google chrome or firefox there is a window called "Incognito" it's under file, on the menu bar of Chrome. In firefox I think it's called private broswing.

Hope this helps,
    Throdne

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1046153